I'd like to show a site I built for a music equipment company, in which they were looking to create an unusual site design, and integrate it with a community and community features.
The goal was to imitate a highly designed Flash site that shows a matrix of cards, each with small amount of info. The matrix can be scrolled horizontally, and operations can be made on each card. The specification is not finished by the public view of the site, since data entry has to be well designed as well. The original flash site is http://mooch.info (hope it is ok to put the link here).
I'd like to show how I implemented the site, using, among others:
* Heavy theming due to the unusual design, and standards compliance/cross-browser requirement.
* Extending the imagefield module to enable in-place image cropping and scaling using interface elements & jquery.
* CCK usage, Views, views theming, exposing sort methods.
* Jcarousel integration.
* Article moderation workflow.
* Importing nodes from an RSS feed.
* favorites, userpoints, voting, emailing nodes.
The site is still not online for public consumption - hopefully will be by the time of the conference. You can see a screenshot here: http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9021/yhager1to0.png
The presentation can take a high-level direction, or a technical direction - depending on requests/questions from the crowd.