e-Commerce module has undergone a transformation under the lead of Gordon Heydon. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Product modules are being killed off, replaced by configurable features that can be added to any node type.
- The transaction system has been revamped, with invoicing and receipting to boot.
- A flexible charge module gives fine-grained control over the who/what/where/when of adding charges to the transaction.
- Customer management, like tracking anonymous purchases as well as users defined in related systems like CiviCRM.
- Code diet. Non-essential modules are being evicted into their own contrib namespace.